Join AFAM for the Annual Autism Spectrum Awareness and Acceptance Day At the Massachusetts State House Tuesday, April 15th! Download Flyer
Gathering people with Autism Spectrum Disorders, their families, their friends, their advocates and those who provide support, Advocates for Autism of Massachusetts (AFAM) speaks in one voice to build the capacity of our communities to welcome, fully include and support people with ASD.
The mission of Advocates for Autism of Massachusetts is to strive to assure the human and civil rights of individuals of all ages across the entire Autism Spectrum and promote the availability of essential supports so that they may live fully and enjoy the same opportunities as other citizens of the Commonwealth. They will educate individuals with ASD, their families and other AFAM members/supporters to be effective, vigorous agents of change.
- Assure respect and dignity for individuals with ASD and their families by promoting positive views and valued roles for children and adults with ASD
- Seek to identify and eliminate the barriers facing people with ASD in Massachusetts
- Work in partnership with policy makers, educators, practitioners, disability groups and other advocates to build consensus and momentum for improving and expanding supports and resources for people with ASD
- Seek ways to empower people with ASD and their families to direct the course of their lives with needed, flexible supports and take full advantage of available resources
- Recognize that each person with ASD is unique and that the most effective supports are those that are individualized.
- Work to include individuals with ASD in all aspects of AFAM's efforts.
For more information about AFAM and its legislative priorities, please visit www.afamaction.org